Clean Cities Internship for Spring 2019 Now Open!
Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program Spring 2019
The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy's Vehicle Technologies Program. Clean Cities strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 100 communities across the country. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 350 interns in more than 60 Coalitions.
The Clean Cities internship will give students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences, the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum. Students have participated in research, outreach activities, public education, K-12 outreach, fleet events, and a vast array of transportation-related environmental projects.
- Internship available at Centralina Clean Fuels Coalition, a U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities Coalition, working with dynamic regional stakeholders
- Positions are 15 or 20 hours per week (determined by the coalition) for 14 weeks each semester
- Internship dates: Approximately January 14, 2019 through April 26, 2019. Exact start/end dates determined by individual schedules
- Stipends range from $2,500 - $4,200 per semester depending on academic classification and number of hours assigned by the coalition
- Many past internships have led to permanent positions!
- Applications are due January 7, 2019
We are pleased to recruit for the Spring 2019 term of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program (CCUWDP). This coming Spring, CCUWDP is offering a workforce development program position at the Centralina Clean Fuels Coalition, housed at the Centralina Council of Governments in Charlotte, NC, and resumes are now being accepted. This is a wonderful opportunity for students looking to gain experience in the areas of energy and transportation. Please pass this information along to anyone you know who may be interested in this position. To apply, cover letters and resumes can be emailed to Venecia White at vwhite [at] centralina [dot] org. Applications are due January 7, 2019. If selected, interns will be notified by January 16, 2019.
If you have any questions, please email vwhite [at] centralina [dot] org.