CFAT Round 2 Funding Now Available!
The North Carolina Clean Energy Technology Center (NCCETC) at North Carolina State University announces the following request for proposals (RFP) through the 2019 Clean Fuel Advanced Technology (CFAT) project. The CFAT project is supported with federal Congestion Mitigation Air Quality (CMAQ) funds provided by the NC Department of Transportation (NC DOT). The primary purpose of the CFAT project is to reduce transportation-related emissions in 24 eligible North Carolina counties.
The second round of CFAT 2019 funding Request for Proposals (RFP) period has opened. In 2019, up to $2,350,000 in federal funding is being awarded. The 2019 funds will be awarded in three consecutive rounds of reviews and allocations, until all funds are allocated. The deadline to apply for the second round of funding is March 29, 2019.
Projects located in the following counties are eligible for CFAT funding: Cabarrus, Catawba, *Chatham, Davidson, Davie, Durham, Edgecombe, Forsyth, Franklin, Gaston, Granville, Guilford, *Haywood, *Iredell, Johnston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Nash, Orange, Person, Rowan, *Swain, Union, Wake, (*Represents partial counties).
Confirmed eligible projects include:
- ICOM, Alliance AutoGas, Ensida Energy propane conversion kits and installation
- XL electric hybrid (plug-in and non-plug-in) conversion kits and installations, up to 1 unit per project
- Viatec ePTO system installations
- Zero Motorcycle purchases
- AFV leases-lease agreement cannot lead to vehicle purchase
- Carrier Vector 8600 Multi-Temp System 14 Truck Refrigeration Units (TRUs), up to 10 units per project
- All other projects from eligible categories with FHWA Buy America Compliance Certification
- EPA certified SCR Blended After-Treatment Systems (BATS)
*Available funds: $2,350,000
Maximum per project award: $400,000
Minimum per project award: $10,000
Application deadline: March 29, 2019
Project period: June 14, 2019 – January 30, 2022
Click here for the 2019 CFAT Request for Proposals
Click here for the CFAT RFP FAQs
Click here for the 2019 CFAT RFP Application
NOTE: Applications should be emailed to Rick Sapienza at resapien [at] ncsu [dot] edu.
Learn more about CFAT by visiting the website.
Please contact Carina Soriano for additional questions or rules regarding eligible project types at csoriano [at] centralina [dot] org or 704-688-7035.